Salvador Scholarship Fund
The Salvador Scholarship Fund was established to foster an appreciation and respect for the marine environment in young students attending public schools. The name of the fund links directly to one of our youngest marine ambassadors - Salvador - at Dolphin Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island. Just as a dolphin calf explores his habitat and learns about his ocean environment, so must young Bahamians explore the mysteries of the sea and learn how to take an active role to protect the ocean on which we all depend.
To apply for a scholarship, educators must meet the following guidelines:
- Teach in a public school in either Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2
- The first program completed must be a student outreach program:
- The second program may be a student outreach program or a field trip to Dolphin Encounters:
- The maximum number of programs per class is two per school year.
- Scholarships will cover half the ticket price for each local child participant and the full ticket price for each child traveling from the family islands to participate, not any additional costs such as bus fees or lunch upgrade. Click here for the application form.