Rules & Restrictions
Special needs guests must know the following when making a reservation:
- Dolphin Encounters staff will provide assistance for embarking on all tenders and accessing guest areas on the island.
- For boating purposes, motorized power chairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not generally allowed on our boats. (There are exceptions.)
- Animal training staff will be able to provide limited assistance in the program because each trainer is responsible for his own dolphin during the program. Thus, reservations must be made for the participant and enough paid family members to assist that person in and out of the water and to assist in fulfilling the directions of the trainers in the interactive behaviors.
- Special needs guests with tickets for the Encounter Program will generally begin their program upon arrival to provide additional time for entering and exiting the water in the Dolphin Encounter. Behaviors selected in the program may be modified to meet the needs of the guest.
- Special needs guests in the swim should be prepared to go up and down ladders to access platforms
- Additional family members that want to watch the activities may purchase observer tickets but will not be allowed on the platforms to assist or take photographs.
- Our staff will determine which program will best suit each special needs guest’s abilities
When making your reservation, please let us know if you have a guest with special needs in your party. If you would like to ask more detailed questions regarding our facilities or questions regarding which program is best for you, or your family, please call 242-363-1003 or your inquiries.