Dolphin Swim Overview
Dance with a dolphin in an all-natural deep water lagoon during the unique Dolphin Swim and add to the adventure with the exhilarating foot push! In addition to kisses and hugs, throughout the program, the trainers will ensure that you learn all about these amazing Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins – most of them born at the American Humane Certified Blue Lagoon Island.
Experience the joy of a dolphin kiss and fall in love with their gentle nature as you hug a dolphin in your arms while floating in their deep all-natural lagoon. Dance and sing with our stars then marvel at the dolphin’s strength as you are propelled across the lagoon in the finale behavior ‑ the foot push!
The Dolphin Swim is available to guests ages 6 and over.
In this program, trainers ensure each guest enjoys a high degree of interaction with the dolphins, all while teaching you about these amazing animals and their all-natural marine habitat.
- Guests ages 6 to 12 must be accompanied (in the water) by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the swim. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 13 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult (with any paid ticket) to sign the liability waiver.
- Guests must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access platform.
- Pregnant women are not allowed in swim program.
- Guests age 5 or younger are not allowed in swim program & may observe for free if attended on the dock by a responsible parent or guardian with an observer ticket.
- To ensure the safety of our animals, personal cameras (including those in cell phones or other electronic devices) cannot be used during your animal program.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- Vouchers purchased from tour companies must be redeemed at the time of check-in to be valid.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the reserved program. Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Dolphin Encounters cancels the excursion.
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
- No scuba equipment is permitted on the island.
- Blue Lagoon Island is a no drone zone.
- If you purchased your ticket online with a credit card, please note that you must bring that card and a government issued ID for proof of purchase upon check in.