Dolphin Encounter Overview
In the Dolphin Encounter Program, each guest can expect a unique experience that brings you closer to an Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin than you ever dreamed possible! Not only will you see the bottlenose dolphin habitat, but you will learn important information about dolphins and the ocean too.
Your program begins with a fun, interactive, orientation briefly covering the natural history of dolphins, animal training techniques, ocean conservation and Watchable Wildlife Guidelines.
On the Dolphin Encounter float, you will stand on a waist-deep submerged platform and experience a heart-warming kiss, a hug, a dance and opportunities to rub down the dolphin. Your dolphin trainer will combine elements of hands-on contact, education, fun, laughter, and adventure to make this an unforgettable experience. While you enjoy your Dolphin Encounter and learn about the dolphin habitat, you will also be in the midst of one of the finest natural attractions in the Bahamas.
Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing your encounter so that you will have a chance to take home incredible souvenirs of your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Guests age 3 or younger participate for free if accompanied in the program by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter. Parent or guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 4 to 12 may participate at full price & must be accompanied (in the water) by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the encounter.
- Guests wishing to upgrade from the Encounter to available Swim spaces may apply the value of the encounter ticket toward the purchase of the upgrade.
- To ensure the safety of our animals, personal cameras (including those in cell phones or other electronic devices) cannot be used during your animal program.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- Vouchers purchased from tour companies must be redeemed at the time of check-in to be valid.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the reserved program. Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Dolphin Encounters cancels the excursion.
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the property.
- We will provide assistance for manual wheelchairs including providing wheelchair access into the water (with our waterproof chair) for the Dolphin Encounter program. For boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on our boats.
- Dolphin Encounters reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.