Program Observers Overview
Enjoy viewing native Bahamian Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and California sea lions in their all natural habitat – without getting wet!
Whether you live here or are visiting our beautiful country, you are sure to enjoy the 25-minute journey on our high-speed ferries allowing you to view many of the main attractions in the Bahamas. See Nassau’s historic and scenic harbour as you cruise by Paradise Island and Nassau to beautiful Blue Lagoon Island, a private island and home of Dolphin Encounters and the stars of Universal’s Flipper movie.
Once there, watch a friend or family member as they come “face to fins” with dolphins in our amazing Dolphin Encounter or Dolphin Swim program. Enjoy the up-close and personal view of these gentle marine mammals from a nearby platform – as you remain high and dry.
At the program areas you can take your own photos or videos from the public dock areas. However, be advised: we cannot guarantee an unobstructed view of all dolphin interactions & observers are not allowed on the platforms at any time. For your safety and the safety of our animals and program participants, we are unable to make any exceptions.
Visit the Sea Lion habitat where you can see our California sea lions clowning and swimming around. Sea lions first came to Blue Lagoon Island after a facility in Gulfport, Mississippi was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Our crew the home of our California sea lions that were rescued from Gulfport, Mississippi in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Over the years Blue Lagoon Island has been home to the sea lion stars of Hollywood movies Andre and Slappy and the Stinkers.
Enjoy shopping in the gift shop or refreshments overlooking spectacular ocean views. Take in the beauty of the natural surroundings that has made the island and the facility a must-see for visitors and tourists in the Bahamas. This is a relaxing trip to the beautiful private island home of friendly dolphins sea lions, and other amazing marine animals, that’s truly unique – no wonder it’s considered one of the main attractions in the Bahamas!
- TIME: Ferry and actual encounter times vary. A customer service representative will contact you ahead of your booked excursion to confirm your ferry departure and check in times. Please contact our Reservations Department via phone Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242-363-1003 or email email@example.com if you need to speak with us prior to receiving that call.
- See all the amazing interaction without getting wet
- Access to Dolphin Encounters facility to view marine life
- Scenic Nassau Harbour ferry ride
- Access to Beach and Lagoon Areas
- Roundtrip ferry ride to and from Blue Lagoon Island
- Observer access to marine park
- Access to powder white sand beach and calm and shallow lagoon
- Inner tubes
- Beach lounge chairs
- Fresh water showers and full restroom facilities
- Ground transportation from hotel, or rental
- Lunch/any food or drink (can purchase buffet or from a la carte menu)
- Participation in animal programs
- Non-motorized watersports equipment and Aqua Park access
What to Bring:
- Swimsuit, comfortable shoes or water shoes, towels, and cash or credit card for additional purchases.
Know Before You Go:
- Program times are assigned the morning of and communicated upon check-in at the Welcome Center
- All guests are required to complete a WAIVER prior to check in. Parents must complete for all minors. Click here to complete and submit the digital waiver.
- Observers wishing to upgrade to available Dolphin Swim, Dolphin , or Sea Lion Encounter spaces may apply the value of the observer ticket toward the purchase of the upgrade. Upgrade option available same day only and subject to availability. Ask guest services upon arrival at Blue Lagoon Island. Upgrade cannot be booked in advance.
Photo & Video:
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests, personal cameras, cell phones, GoPros or other electronic devices cannot be brought onto the platform during the animal program. Program Observers are allowed to take photos and video from the public dock.
- Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing you’re the animal interaction that can be digitally sent to participants following the session (additional fee). Be sure they stop at the Photo Lab to order these special memories of their once-in-a-lifetime experience before you leave Blue Lagoon Island.
- The Observer pass is available for ages 3 and up.
- There is a limit of two (2) Observer tickets per one (1) paying Animal Program ticket within the same reservation.
- Guests age 3 or younger may observe for free if accompanied by a ticketed adult participating in any animal program.
- Children 4 and older pay $35.00 and must be accompanied by a ticketed adult participating in any animal program.
- Guests travelling with children under the age of 18 who are not participating in the animal program must have an adult present to supervise the minor(s) for the duration of the program. The accompanying adult must have a ticket to any Blue Lagoon Island program.
- No drones, scuba equipment or metal detectors are allowed on the island.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the island.
- Blue Lagoon Island reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the reserved program. Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size.
- No refunds will be issued for guests who do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Blue Lagoon Island cancels the excursion.
- While Blue Lagoon Island does work hard to ensure general accessibility, we do ask guests who have special needs to call our Reservations Department before booking a Program Observer pass to ensure it is a suitable option.
- Guests using wheelchairs, scooters or other equipment to assist with mobility are asked to please contact our Reservations Department ahead of your visit so that our team is prepared to accommodate you. Call Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242.363.1003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org