Sea Lion Encounter Overview
Laugh until your belly hurts during this fun-filled Encounter with California Sea Lions on magnificent Blue Lagoon Island in their all natural marine habitat.
Your program includes both a dry land segment where you and one of our clownish Sea Lions will get up close and personal and pose for some memorable photos. The other portion of your Encounter takes place on a waist deep floating platform in their all-natural marine habitat where you will get to hug, play with and learn all about these affectionate and humorous marine mammals and their natural marine habitat.
The Sea Lion Encounter is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. Don’t miss out on this exhilarating and educational experience. Space is limited, so reserve today.
After experiencing the sea lion habitat, take a wander through the marine park and check out our amazing Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin family as well.
Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing your encounter so that you will have a chance to take home incredible souvenirs of your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- TIME: Ferry and actual encounter times vary. A customer service representative will contact you ahead of your booked excursion to confirm your ferry departure and check in times. Your Sea Lion Encounter time will be set the morning of and communicated to you at check in. Please contact our Reservations Department via phone Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242-363-1003 or email email@example.com if you need to speak with us prior to receiving that call.
- Shallow water interaction with the playful Sea Lions
- Lots of fun photo ops
- Meal Included
- 25 min scenic ferry ride through Nassau Harbour
- Roundtrip ferry ride to and from Blue Lagoon Island.
- Buffet lunch
- Access to powder white sand beach and calm and shallow lagoon
- Inner tubes
- Beach lounge chairs
- Fresh water showers and full restroom facilities
- Locker during your Encounter
- Ground transportation from hotel, or rental property
- Any food or drink not included with buffet lunch
- Non-motorized watersports equipment and Aqua Park access
- Photos or Video of your interaction (can be purchased additionally)
What to Bring:
- Swimsuit, comfortable shoes or water shoes, towels, and cash or credit card for additional purchases.
Know Before You Go:
- Program times are assigned the morning of and communicated upon check-in at the Welcome Center
- All guests are required to complete a WAIVER prior to check in. Parents must complete for all minors. Click here to complete and submit the digital waiver.
- All guests are required to follow COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols, including: wearing masks except when on the beach, seated for lunch or while participating in an animal program; have temperature taken upon boarding the ferries; maintain social distance; and sanitize hands regularly.
- Provided life vests are optional for adults and mandatory for guests under 18 for the duration of the in-water segment of your Sea Lion Encounter.
Photo & Video:
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests, personal cameras, cell phones, GoPros or other electronic devices cannot be brought onto the platform during the animal program.
- Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing your animal interaction that can be digitally sent to you following your session (additional fee). Be sure to stop at the Photo Lab to order these special memories of your once-in-a-lifetime experience before you leave Blue Lagoon Island.
- The Sea Lion Encounter is available to guests ages 8 years and over.
- Guests ages 12 and under must be accompanied in the water by a responsible, ticketed parent/guardian participating in the Sea Lion Encounter. Parent/guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 13 to 17 must be accompanied on the island by a parent/guardian (with ticket in any program).
- Guests must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access the floating platform.
- Pregnant women are not allowed in the Sea Lion Encounter program.
- No drones, scuba equipment or metal detectors are allowed on the island.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed on the island.
- Blue Lagoon Island reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the booked program. Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size.
- No refunds will be issued for guests who do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Blue Lagoon Island cancels the excursion.
- Blue Lagoon Island reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the animal programs.
- If you or a member of your party has special needs, please contact us to determine whether this program is suitable.
- Guests using wheelchairs, scooters or other equipment to assist with mobility are asked to please contact our Reservations Department ahead of your visit so that our team is prepared to accommodate you. Call Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242-363-1003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org