Stingray Encounter & Snorkel Overview
Experience the thrill of swimming with majestic Southern Stingrays in their all-natural marine habitat! Our certified animal trainers will first teach you about the natural history of these gentle creatures in a fun, dockside briefing.
During your program, you will be able to safely interact with our rays on a waist deep floating platform. Feel their silky smooth fins as they glide under your fingertips and pose for a photo with one of your new ocean friends.
These graceful animals are fascinating to watch from above the water but even more exciting to see while snorkeling with them! You are certain to soak up this experience with stingrays and “rays your awareness” for the protection of these beautiful creatures of the sea.
In this program, trainers ensure each guest enjoys a high degree of interaction with the stingrays, all while teaching you about these amazing animals and their all-natural marine habitat.
Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing your encounter so that you will have a chance to take home incredible souvenirs of your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- TIME: Ferry and actual encounter times vary. A customer service representative will contact you ahead of your booked excursion to confirm your ferry departure and check in times. Your Stingray Encounter time will be set the morning of and communicated to you at check in. Please contact our Reservations Department via phone Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242-363-1003 or email email@example.com if you need to speak with us prior to receiving that call.
- Shallow water interaction with the stingrays
- Snorkeling with them in their all-natural habitat
- Meal included
- 25 min scenic boat ride through Nassau Harbour
- Beach access
- Roundtrip ferry ride to and from Blue Lagoon Island.
- Buffet lunch
- Access to powder white sand beach and calm and shallow lagoon
- Inner tubes
- Beach lounge chairs
- Fresh water showers and full restroom facilities
- Locker during animal program
- Ground transportation from hotel, or rental property
- Any food or drink not included with buffet lunch
- Non-Motorized watersports equipment and Aqua Park access
- Photos or Video of your interaction (can be purchased additionally)
What to Bring:
- Swimsuit, comfortable shoes or water shoes, towels, and cash or credit card for additional purchases.
Know Before You Go:
- Program times are assigned the morning of and communicated upon check-in at the Welcome Center
- All guests are required to complete a WAIVER prior to check in. Parents must complete for all minors. Click here to complete and submit the digital waiver.
- Provided Life vests are mandatory for all participants in the Stingray Encounter snorkel segment.
- Guests do not have to be strong swimmers, but must feel comfortable in deep water while wearing a life vest to participate in the snorkel portion of the program.
Photo & Video:
- To ensure the safety of our animals and guests, personal cameras, cell phones, GoPros or other electronic devices cannot be brought onto the platform during the animal program.
- Our professional photo & video staff will be capturing your animal interaction that can be digitally sent to you following your session (additional fee). Be sure to stop at the Photo Lab to order these special memories of your once-in-a-lifetime experience before you leave Blue Lagoon Island.
- The Stingray Encounter and Snorkel is available to guests ages 4 and over.
- Guests ages 4 to 12 must be accompanied in the water by a responsible, ticketed parent/guardian participating in the Dolphin Swim. Parent/guardian must be at least 18 years of age.
- Guests ages 13 to 17 must be accompanied on the island by a parent/guardian (with ticket in any program).
- Guests must have the ability to go up and down ladders to access platform.
- No drones, scuba equipment or metal detectors are allowed on the island.
- Snorkel equipment provided is only for use during the scheduled stingray encounter
- Guests may use their own personal mask and snorkel
- Fins are not allowed in this program
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the booked program. Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, maternity reasons or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Blue Lagoon Island cancels the excursion.
- Blue Lagoon Island reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the animal programs.
- If you or a member of your party has special needs, please contact us to determine whether this program is suitable.
- Guests using wheelchairs, scooters or other equipment to assist with mobility are asked to please contact our Reservations Department ahead of your visit so that our team is prepared to accommodate you. Call Toll free: 1-866-448-9535 or Local 242-363-1003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org